[mongodb-dev] MongoDB groupCollection
Nathan Thiya
2018-07-24 13:44:13 UTC
To reduce the number of files created per database to 1 file for data and 1
file for index.

I saw someone presenting --groupCollection.

When I looked further, I noticed that this feature is already closed issue.
https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-28741?jql=text%20~%20%22groupcollections%22

Anyone knows which version will allow --groupCollection option for servers.
'Michael Cahill' via mongodb-dev
2018-07-24 19:46:03 UTC
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your interest in MongoDB!

The grouped collection work has not been fully implemented, so there is no
released version where it is supported. We do not currently have an ETA
for that feature, sorry. One of the remaining tickets (which you can
follow for updates) is https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-29496

Kind regards,
Michael.