[mongodb-dev] MongoDB 3.7.2 is released
'Kelsey Schubert' via mongodb-dev
2018-02-21 20:25:56 UTC
*The Server Team is excited to announce that MongoDB 3.7.2 is ready for
testing. A large part of the team is heads down working towards
transactions, but among the numerous bug fixes and improvements
<https://jira.mongodb.org/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(SERVER%2C%20TOOLS%2C%20WT)%20and%20resolution%3D%22Fixed%22%20and%20fixversion%20%3D%20%223.5.13%22>
delivered in the past three weeks, some major features we’ve completed
include:Deprecations for 4.0As we prepare for our upcoming major release,
one of the first priorities of the Server team is to officially deprecate
old and superseded functionality. Using these features will give a warning,
and functionality will be completely removed in a future release: - MMAPv1
<https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/core/mmapv1/> storage engine- $isolated
<https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.4/reference/operator/update/isolated/#up._S_isolated>
and $snapshot
<https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.4/reference/operator/meta/snapshot/index.html>
query options- These were also deprecated in 3.6 starting with 3.6.1. More
info here.
<https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/release-notes/3.6-compatibility/#deprecated-options>-
geoNear <https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/command/geoNear/>
command- maxScan
<https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/operator/meta/maxScan/> query
optionMONGODB-CR RemovedAfter being formally deprecated in 3.6, the
MONGODB-CR authentication mechanism has been removed. A MongoDB database
which is configured to support MONGODB-CR will now fail on startup and
advise its administrator to perform an auth schema upgrade before updating
to 4.0.Supported Platforms UpdatedIn addition, there are ongoing changes to
the list of supported operating systems and versions: - Windows 7 / 2008R2
is being deprecated- SLES11 is no longer supported- Ubuntu 12.04 is no
longer supported- Debian 9 is now supportedAll Issues
<https://jira.mongodb.org/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(SERVER%2CTOOLS%2CWT)%20AND%20resolution%3D%27Fixed%27%20and%20fixversion%3D%273.7.2%27>
| Downloads <http://www.mongodb.org/downloads>Thanks,The MongoDB Server
Team*