[mongodb-dev] libmongocxx.lib or mongocxx.lib C++ MSVC 2015 x64
Richard P
2018-05-14 03:08:56 UTC
Hi, I'm totally new in MongoDB and want to use it with C++. I have trouble
in my C++ driver installation.

I managed to install mongo-c-driver and mongo-cxx-driver successfully for
MSVC 2014 x64.

However when I tried to test my installation with example code here
<https://mongodb.github.io/mongo-cxx-driver/mongocxx-v3/installation/>, I
can't find libmongocxx.lib, but I got mongocxx.lib instead.
I tried to rename the file, but it gives me error:
LNK2001 - unresolved external symbol __imp__invalid_parameter
LNK2001 - unresolved external symbol __imp__CrtDbgReportW
LNK1120 - 3 unresolved externals

My questions are:
1. Does my installation wrong? How to fix it?
2. I tried to execute some test files (test_*.exe), all work fine except
test_crud_specs.exe and test_gridfs_specs.exe. But I read here
<https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-cxx-driver/blob/master/.mci.yml>, that
both must be supplied with CRUD_TESTS_PATH and GRIDFS_TESTS_PATH
respectively. What value should I use in CRUD_TESTS_PATH?

Any help would be appreciated. I posted in mongodb-user group as well, but
after I thought about it, probably my issue is related to driver, than
usage, so I post here as well.